BUTTERFLY FORESTS IN MEXICO
The world is losing Monarch butterflies at a startling rate, as logging, herbicides and other human activities destroy natural habitats. As a part of 100 Women Who Care, together we can make a difference and do so in person.
Join us next February 16 – 20, 2020 on a trip to the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve and the UNESCO World Heritage site of the stunning colonial city of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
In addition to experiencing the wonder of a nesting site of more than 100 million butterflies, our presence will help make a difference in aiding in their survival. By supporting ecotourism, we demonstrate to the locals that saving the butterfly forests is an important and viable source of economic wellbeing, In addition, a portion of our trip cost will be donated to the National Butterfly Center, a project of the North American Butterfly Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation and study of wild butterflies in their native habitat.
- 4 days & 4 nights in a beautiful private home in historic San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Day trip to the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve
- Roundtrip transportation to & from Leon, Gto. airport
- Local transportation for the group
- A get-to-know-everyone welcome with drinks & appetizers
- Insider tour of San Miguel de Allende includes historic sites, markets, hot springs & more
- Breakfast & lunch with group dinners optional (for an additional fee)
Total Cost: $1,725 USD (double occupancy)
Getting There & Getting Home
What to Pack
Accommodations: Each person will have their own bed in a shared room in a beautiful Mexican hacienda in UNESCO World Heritage site of San Miguel de Allende (single occupancy is option for an additional charge of $1,215 USD).
Meals: We’ll have a light breakfast together each morning with scheduled activities through the day and a lunch, with free time to either explore on your own or relax by the pool. Group dinners to evening restaurants will be optional for an additional charge. A picnic lunch will be provided on our butterfly excursion.